Support > General

Elxis 5 - can't save a contact form

<< < (2/2)

datahell:
1. If you don't want/can't write php code use plugin AnyForm. It is easy and you can create very complex forms.
2. If you can develop your own extension use the Elxis Form5 library with which you can do ANYTHING. I will guide you if you need help.

I guess you are on 1st category. So, AnyForm uses XML files to store forms. You declare your forms and the form fields there with syntax like that:

<item type="text" name="name" label="FIRSTNAME" required="1" default="{FIRSTNAME}" tip=""></item>

Once you end your form you can display it inside any article by integrating in the editor text area like this:
{anyform}myform{/anyform}

For easier integration you can use the Guided input mode in editor by clicking the Elxis icon button.

Full documentation is provided under a small fee from my site.

bully:
Hi webgift,

did you actually see r look at the the attachemnys?
whilst anyform is listed..., there is no real way for me to install it, as it shows installed, but nowhere listed?
maybe there is the cause?
I am not posting here to pick on anyone, but I just experience something, not looking logic (even I am not understanding all or most). I want to pick on someone, that will look a lot different, here, I just ask for guidance.
You tell me, I would need "anyform", fine. What appears for me?
just a bit different .. can happen. But sure, your explanations, don't seem to fit my little of basic understanding.
For tonight, it will be my last reply anyway (sry, I am drinking..). But that all is NOT working, neither makes any sense to me.
So, I need either a step-by-step to-do or a longer break, until maybe 1-2 days.
What I know for sure, It's working somehow, evene, if I must roll back to a 4.x. A simple stupid sample form, has to work. It does since elxis 2008 xx. Not even https://www.w3schools.com/html/html_forms.asp samples Not even the samples do it (in my installation)..
It's not abouit the php code, I still can place it in the index php, just looks it messy...even my style. Here we are taking simoly:
Not savibng the 'article/page/new module inside the elxis admin panel. If the php is the worry, I will ask ..., if a logo is the cause.. I will/did ask.
But herem I simply report: the admin panel is not saving the form, as mdole, content or article!

Sry for maybe spell shit, bcause I am drunk

bully

bully:
Yes, it's me again.
As content plugin, it's also not showing up
see attachment

I have now downloaded manually and attempted to install; instillation failed, ..exit

However, after this, the any_form appeared finally, despite refusal to install, as already installed

Now, I have at least a starting point, but a lot of posts for nothing. Cause: any_form showing installed, but nowhere showing.

As for now, I will start to figure out, what and how it might work

bully

datahell:
Maybe the installation was not completed successfully. If you wish send me with a private message access details to your site's administration section and FTP to install AnyForm and make a sample form for you.

bully:
After, I did attempt a manually installation, which failed, then it came up (visible).
I think actually, the xml form was already once before. if I remember right, in 2006 or 2009?

bully

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version