Support > General

Elxis 5.x development

<< < (2/7) > >>

datahell:
A specific module like a megamenu or a table is not part of a cms design. These can be third pary extensions or simple html/css. The goal of the cms is to provide the developer the tools he needs to build an extension easy, securly and fast. The built-in extensions provide either absolutely required functionality (extensions managment, content, search, etc) or typical/basic functionality (menu, language switch, etc). With the libraries elxis provides you you can build any custom extension you wish.

For example to create a input text element with labels, responsive, etc you just have to type:

$form->addText('sample', 'Title');

This is where the cms helps you.

nikos:

--- Quote from: chongbing on September 11, 2018, 09:59:34 ---Cool! Yes, can't wait to see it.

1) Is possible add a build-in like the megamenu's feature? https://www.megamenu.com/

--- End quote ---

If you need a Mega Menu there is already available on elxis.net a module for this.

komang:
Dear Datahell,

Is it possible to make a tool to integrate AMP to Elxis CMS, like another CMS on this page:

https://www.ampproject.org/docs/getting_started/quickstart#create-your-amp-pages

Sorry, I don't really understand, I ever read Google gives priority to AMP version of the web on mobile search

Thanks

Komang

datahell:
As far as I see AMP generates invalid html. You can validate there own site if you wish.

A goal key is Elxis to be based as less as possible on third party software and technologies. We have many times in the past suffered from cases where third party service changes with no backwards compatibility or gets discontinued or gets commercial. As an example, lately fontawesome released version 5.x where there is no compatibility with the previous version (4.7). Hundreds of sites use 4.x. If Elxis updates the library to v5.x the icons on these sites will not work anymore. Do you see the problem with the third party software/services? This is why it is best such options/tools/extensions to be third party and not in Elxis core.

komang:
Thanks Datahell

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version