Support > Installation

Cannot install 4.3 on a temporary domain name but 2009 is OK

<< < (2/2)

yereverluvinunclebert:
I would strongly suggest that you change Elxis to allow it to run under temporary domain names with a tilda in the name.

All versions of Joomla and other CMS allow this functionality. It allows you to build multiple websites, host them under temporary names that will not be found by search engines, it allows you to build test and development systems that are distinct from the live. There is no need purchase extra pointless domain names and it makes sense to run it in the same way that almost all other CMS function.

I realise that since raising the post I never got round to installing and testing Elxis precisely due to this limitation. That has made me realise this is a definite flaw in Elxis. Rather than write the review I was going to write I will merely state I was unable to install Elxis due to an error in the design.

I strongly suggest you fix this deficiency especially if you want users to review your CMS positively.

datahell:
Elxis misses this functionality? Elxis has multi-sites support! Only drupal has similar functionality, no other cms. With a single installation you can have 1000 different websites and you can set them private if you don't want to be visible in the web. As for the tilde it is very simple to be changed but I wont tell you how because I don't like your attitude.

chongbing:
Very agree with datahell, We love Elxis CMS and support Elxis CMS.
Polite people will welcome in the world!

yereverluvinunclebert:

--- Quote from: datahell on August 02, 2016, 13:42:26 --- As for the tilde it is very simple to be changed but I wont tell you how because I don't like your attitude.

--- End quote ---

I think you are the one that has the attitude as that was quite a petulant and childish response. If someone, anyone on the forum requests a workaround it should be provided so that it could be useful to EVERYONE that might want to install Elxis.

It matters to me not a jot as I had already abandoned the idea of reviewing Elxis when my first attempt at installing was prevented by this problem. I no longer need Elxis in any case as my late response to your post indicates...

As I said earlier I suggest you fix this issue if you want more people to install Elxis to test and trial it, the ability to install under temporary domain names is essential.

No attitude in this post, just words and suggestions. No need to load my posts with your emotional bias.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version