Support > Elxis 4.x/5.x DEV

module to display all articles with the same tag?

(1/4) > >>

seadhna:
Hi there,
there is a module: mod_articles, where articles can be displayed from a particular category or the most recent overall - but is there any module to display articles with a particular tag? i.e. to enable 'related articles' module.

datahell:
A "related" module is a good idea but not for tags as in tags page you already see related articles...
The best option is to detect current category (ELXIS_CATID) or article (ELXIS_ARTID) and display related items. I can also expand it for articles from component Mikro.

seadhna:
Hi datahell,
the tags page is great but what would be very useful is to display 'related articles' or 'by the same author' (for commentaries), on the same page as the article, rather than having to link to a tags page - there is no module that allows this at present?

datahell:
No, there is no such module. I will built it when I find some time.

Related articles from the same author are not related items.
Related items should be generated based on their keywords or tags similarity, independently from category, author, or any other parameter.

seadhna:
That would be great! Yes - I'm thinking that a 'related articles' module could function as a 'by the same author' module also - if the 'related' tag is the author's name...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version