Author Topic: Elxis 4.2 requests  (Read 36474 times)

Offline datahell

• Elxis Team
    • Elxis CMS
Elxis 4.2 requests
« on: December 03, 2013, 11:16:27 »
If you have any request for Elxis 4.2 please post it below.

Is there something you want to be added or changed? Is there a new feature you need? Something to make the administrator's life easier in the backend section? Any new extension that should be added in Elxis core? Any problem needed to be solved? We are interested in your opinion and ideas.

Offline juanon

Re: Elxis 4.2 requests
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2013, 13:09:37 »
Hi, I would like a better handler for lists, for modules, artickes and so on, with better filters and they stay after saving an item.

also make not mandatory the field subtitle in articles, or at list a way of skip it in blog views and article datails.

login form with custom redirection after login

a way of sharing users among multisites.

SORRY, I forgot to say about autorefreshing when something is changed in admin, sometimes we must refresh the page through the browser to see the changes!!

AND MORE: posibility to access easily to all admin modules to edit and unpublish, and backup the whole system (db + files) with one click for later recovery. A description field for the backups will be very usefull too.

AND ALSO a way to show a module in ALL menu items except one or some of them.

great cms, Datahell
« Last Edit: December 04, 2013, 16:05:11 by juanon »

Offline kyomar

« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2013, 01:37:52 »
would be great if we could have a specific home page title and the titles for all other pages are created separately with the possibility of using a prefix and/or appendix to create the titles us explained here: https://forum.elxis.org/index.php?topic=7780.0.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2013, 01:44:50 by kyomar »

Offline maple

« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2013, 14:49:52 »
Hi datahell,

as you asked, I post this here in order to remind about CKEditor, now 4.3.1 version.

There're a very, very long changes, bug fix, new addings, and so on, from the 3.6.2 version. Due we use this toolbar intensively, sometimes we have many problems as with tables, browser compatibilty and many more issues. With this very long list of changes, it is impossible not have problems.

See the long list of modifications from v3.6.2 http://ckeditor.com/whatsnew

I suggest to make an Update and perhaps also try to find the way to make updates more easily in the future, due heavy modifications of this toolbar for Elxis adaptation.

many thanks

« Last Edit: December 10, 2013, 14:54:46 by maple »

Offline maple

« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2013, 13:09:26 »
Hi datahell,

in the Module list extensions: an option to hide an installed module but not published. That saves this option. (very useful, for example when i have a lot of modules installed but a few published. Can find the published modules more quickly).

in Media Manager: drag & drop files between folders. Or "move file to...". (not too much important if someone use filezilla instead, but useful if not use -or don't want- any ftp software).

thanks
« Last Edit: December 12, 2013, 13:37:28 by maple »

Offline wbread

• RunSite
« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2013, 14:50:31 »
in Media Manager: drag & drop files between folders. Or "move file to...". (not too much important if someone use filezilla instead, but useful if not use -or don't want- any ftp software).

thanks
+1

Offline webgift

• Elxis Team
    • Elxis CMS
« Reply #6 on: December 13, 2013, 11:17:40 »
Hi datahell,

in the Module list extensions: an option to hide an installed module but not published. That saves this option. (very useful, for example when i have a lot of modules installed but a few published. Can find the published modules more quickly).

You could simply click on published column twice. It will sort you the published modules.

Offline maple

« Reply #7 on: December 13, 2013, 12:07:05 »
Hi datahell,

You could simply click on published column twice. It will sort you the published modules.

Hi webgift, thanks for your comment. I know. But I have to click it twice. It is annoying need to do this each time that I enter to the module list. At least, this new ordering need to be saved. Could be a solution.

thanks
« Last Edit: December 13, 2013, 12:11:06 by webgift »

Offline webgift

• Elxis Team
    • Elxis CMS
« Reply #8 on: December 13, 2013, 13:03:40 »
Hi webgift, thanks for your comment. I know. But I have to click it twice. It is annoying need to do this each time that I enter to the module list. At least, this new ordering need to be saved. Could be a solution.
thanks

You are welcome, Maple. Imagine that the feature that you've requested need more movements that the existing one.
1. Click the icon (magnifier tool) at bottom left area of module list.
2. Select the sort option you prefer.
3. Click the submit button.

3 movements instead of 2. I wonder which option is more annoying? ;)

Offline maple

« Reply #9 on: December 13, 2013, 13:48:56 »
thanks

You are welcome, Maple. Imagine that the feature that you've requested need more movements that the existing one.
1. Click the icon (magnifier tool) at bottom left area of module list.
2. Select the sort option you prefer.
3. Click the submit button.

3 movements instead of 2. I wonder which option is more annoying? ;)

webgift, thanks for your response. My first request is to find a way to hide modules not published (and save this option) or save the published ordering column in one click. The 1-2-3 process your explain before, if I need to do this only one time, thats perfect if this will be saved. The problem is the need to click twice or three each time that I go to module list.

(sorry for my english)

thanks

Offline wbread

• RunSite
« Reply #10 on: December 13, 2013, 13:55:15 »
webgift, thanks for your response. My first request is to find a way to hide modules not published (and save this option) or save the published ordering column in one click. The 1-2-3 process your explain before, if I need to do this only one time, thats perfect if this will be saved. The problem is the need to click twice or three each time that I go to module list.

(sorry for my english)

thanks

if you're there is often why there unneeded modules

Offline maple

« Reply #11 on: December 13, 2013, 18:13:06 »
Hi,

can someone tell me in which file I can find the default ordering for extensions module listing in control panel? I can't find it with grepWin. I will change manually the default ordering. Ordering by "published" first.

thanks a lot

Online michalis1984

• Γελαστό Χειλάκι
« Reply #12 on: December 14, 2013, 02:40:44 »
Subcategories of a category to be shown at category view with their image (with custom size) instead of the default "folder" image which is customized by skin and shared by all.

Offline jesusto

« Reply #13 on: December 22, 2013, 18:47:48 »
I would like custom redirection when login or logout. ThanksImplantat-Zahnwurzel

Offline juanon

« Reply #14 on: December 22, 2013, 22:39:57 »
Hello,

I will also like autorefreshing after closing a pop up window where something has been added or modified...

Thanks