Support > Elxis 4.x/5.x DEV

Request Elxis 4.x extensions

<< < (12/27) > >>

maple:
Hi,

It have been a good idea an option to toggle them.

Perhaps a sitemap.xml it's enough. I'm not absolutely sure if ROR it's useful nowadays. All major search engines support the Google sitemaps protocol. But It can be interesting that Sitemap component generate not only a sitemap.xml file but also a sitemap.xml.gz. It's is the same file but gzip compressed. All search engines support compressed sitemaps.

I just found on the net some info about ROR:

--- Quote ---ROR vs XML sitemap:

ROR sitemaps is an extensions of RSS feeds (which are also XML based)
However, no major search engines supports ROR sitemaps (they do support RSS parts however)

sitemap.xml is the usual and common sitemap for your site that includes links to all the inner pages of your site. whereas ror.xml is "Resource of Resources" describes any object of your content in a generic fashion, so any search engine can better understand that content and include more details about your site such as products, navigational menu items, , etc. many will use ror to put in details about particular products however be careful not to flag up duplicate content filters with the orginal product page.
--- End quote ---

Extra info:
Sitemap Comparison of Text, HTML, ROR, RSS and XML Sitemaps
http://bit.ly/1arihNs

+screenshot. Interesting sitemap wordpress plugin. Just an extra info.

datahell:
Component Sitemap is almost complete, I currently add some help information and then I will release it.

It can generate sitemaps in the following formats:
- XML Sitemap (for categories, articles, core components, IOS Reservations Hotels, EDC listings)
- HTML Sitemap (for categories, articles, core components, IOS Reservations Hotels, EDC listings)
- Text Sitemap (for categories, articles, core components, IOS Reservations Hotels, EDC listings)
- Image Sitemap (for article images, IOS Reservations location and hotel images)

maple:
yeaah, good job!!!

(perhaps could be interesting to add also the sitemap.xml.gz  -sitemap.xml compressed file. Sometimes could be large sitemaps)

datahell:
Done!
XML Sitemap now supports gunzip compression!

datahell:
The Sitemap component was released!
You can download Sitemap v1.0 from EDC.

If you face any problems using the component, or have any questions, or ideas on improving it, please open a new topic and do so.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version