Extensions > Modules

Login Social

<< < (2/3) > >>

datahell:
Elxis 4.x supports logging in with external providers as it supoprts multiple authentication methods but facebook login has not been implemented. The reason is that facebook integration sucks.

Of course anyone can built a third party authentication method working with facebook and install it as usual from Elxis 4.x administration area. But you will never see a facebook authentication method built by Elxis Team in elxis 4.x except if facebook changes its policy and integration methods. Once more: facebook sucks!

Note: If you check the Open Id authentication method you will see about 15 globally known sites with which you can login (google, yahoo, flickr, myspace, blogger, wordpress, aol, etc..) . Gmail is also a good option (gmail has about 500 million users).

evkarab:
Hi

I think this is the right place to ask!
What do you mean by Gmail authentication? Can a visitor login with his/her gmail even if he/she is not registered to site, or can register with his/her gmail account?

datahell:
He can login with his gmail account. In this case the user group is set to External user and has access level = 1.
If, instead, uses the Elxis login then his group will be User and will have access level = 2.

Elxis standard user groups and access levels

Administrator 100
Manager 70
Publisher 50
Author 30
User 2
External user 1
Guest 0

* To access administration interface you need an access level of at least 70. So only Managers and Administrators can login in backend section of Elxis.
** The area between User and Author (Access 3 - 29) is ideal for custom user groups.

evkarab:
Gmail login is very good option, users don't need one more account. But...when I try to login via Gmail, is impossible. System says I can't login due safety reasons. What must I do to accept Gmail login?
 :( i always get "Authentication failed"! Email and password are correct.

datahell:
You must enable this option in your Gmail and also allow in your Gmail access to "less secure applications". However It seems that Google has turned this option off permanently.
Google account security

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version