Community > Build with Elxis...

School Site Example

<< < (3/3)

CREATIVE Options:
mmarch, hello again.

First of all thank you for your kind words about the website, but this is not the issue.
I publish my under-development project to give you an idea what you can create with Elxis.

I don't think any of us here can say he is a web guru, that he knows everything.
I would like you to know that I haven’t studied the web design or php, my college degree is for an Electronics Engineer for Automation's & Installations.
I have started dealing with the web & design as a hobby about 9 years ago and now I run my own advertising company, and till now I haven’t read any relevant books and I haven’t been taught anything relevant.
So don’t get disappointed with yourself if you can’t create something in the way you want. Experience comes with time.

Now about the website I created it ONLY with Elxis and really few components (letterman, joomradio, bookmark & final statistic).

My view for a School website is:
1. to give accessibility for all the ages, kids and parents.
2. be minimalistic.
3. offer useful content.
4. not create outstanding things which sometimes are heavy for low internet connections.
5. avoid using components, modules, mambots that are not useful.
6. and finally create the website with always in your mind that this website must advertise your school on its own.

About your website I could say many things, but I would rather stress my 6ht point, that "You must have always in mind that the final website must be an advertisement in itself".

Elxis FAN.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version