Support > Elxis 4.x/5.x DEV

Google Workspace accounts will only allow access to apps using OAuth.

(1/2) > >>

seadhna:
I am wondering if this affects Elxis email configuration (to send emails via Elxis from a Google Workspace (aka Gsuite) mailbox.

I got this email from Google this morning:

Beginning September 30, 2024 - Access to LSAs (less secure apps) will be turned off for all Google Workspace accounts. CalDAV, CardDAV, IMAP, and POP will no longer work when signing in with just a password — you will need to login with a more secure type of access called OAuth.

In order for your end users to continue using these types of apps with their Google Workspace accounts, they must switch to a more secure type of access called OAuth (a list of affected users is attached). This authentication method allows apps to access accounts with a digital key instead of requiring a user to reveal their username and password. We recommend that you share the user instructions (in this PDF file) with individuals in your organization to help them make the necessary changes. Alternatively, if your organization is using custom tools, you can ask the developer of the tool to update it to use OAuth. Developer instructions are also in this PDF file. https://services.google.com/fh/files/emails/b_298235749.pdf

seadhna:
(Until now, I can only use Google Workspace mailboxes in Elxis if I have said "Allow less secure apps" in the mailbox settings.)

datahell:
Noted and I will check it for the next Elxis update.

However I strongly recommend NOT TO USE GMAIL especially if you have a business website like e-shop, bookings, corporate site, etc. It is very bad for your customers to receive emails from gmail rather than your domain name. Consider you shop from amazon.com, you pay and you receive email from something@gmail.com. Also it is not secure to rely on third parties for such things.

seadhna:
Great!
Google Workspace is the professional version of Gmail that allows you to use your own domain name.

datahell:
Even in this case I still don't get why to use Gmail. Guys think of privacy and independence...
Avoid sharing anything personal/professional with third parties (as you understand I am an anti-social media guy  :D) .

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version