Extensions > Bots and plugins

article plugin

(1/5) > >>

seadhna:
Hi there,
is there any plugin to link to another article in an article? i.e. to feature the image, title and subtitle of another article?
We have the 'articles' and 'superarticles' modules, but creating a module each time I just want to feature one related article seems inefficient.

nikos:
You can use the Elxis link (elink) plugin.

datahell:
I don't fully understand your question but I believe what nikos proposed might be the solution. However only module Content is able to run plugins (configurable from its parameters) because the other modules do not have a text area field to add large content. So, plugins inside modules make sense only for the Content module.

BTW, Elxis links should be used EVERYWHERE in Elxis. They are portable and multi-lingual. Never use normal fixed links.

Don't do that:
<a href="https://www.example.com/sports/basketball.html">Basketball</a>

Do this:
<a href="#elink:content:sports/basketball.html">Basketball</a>

#elink: denotes the start of an Elxis URI and it is been handled by plugin Elxis link (elink).

seadhna:
Hi, thanks for the replies. The elink plugin is for creating a text link. My question is there a way to create a more elaborate link to another article, featuring the image, the date, and the article title.
To do this, I create an ARTICLES module, select the article I want to link to and apply the module to the original article. However, when a website has hundreds or thousands of articles, this gets messy very fast. Hundreds of modules; just to create a "pretty link" to a different article. I was wondering if a plugin might be a better solution - similar to the elink plugin but on the frontend we can see the article image and date and article title.

nikos:
You can try the module Articles (mod_articles) as well the module Latest Articles which both of them using their parameters give you the possibility to display on frontend articles from various categories, subcategories with different order and other options.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version