Support > General

Elxis 5 - can't save a contact form

(1/2) > >>

bully:
I just tried to make a simple html form, similar as before under elxis4, it doesn't save either as module and neither content.
here code, which refuses to safe, form tags get removed

--- Code: ---<div class="msgcontainer">
<div class="row">
<div class="col-xl-8 offset-xl-2 py-5">
[color=red]<form action="" method="post">[/color]
<div class="messages">&nbsp;</div>

<div class="controls">

</div>

<div class="cbcb">Guest Details</div>

<div class="row">
<div class="col-md-6">
<div class="form-group"><label for="last_name">Last Name *</label> <input class="form-control" name="last_name" placeholder="Please enter your Last Name *" required="required" type="text" /></div>
</div>

<div class="col-md-6">
<div class="form-group"><label for="first_name">First Name *</label> <input class="form-control" name="first_name" placeholder="Please enter your First Name *" required="required" type="text" /></div>
</div>
</div>

<div class="row">
<div class="col-md-6">
<div class="form-group"><label for="email">Email *</label> <input class="form-control" data-error="Valid email is required." name="email" placeholder="Please enter your email *" required="required" type="email" /></div>
</div>

<div class="col-md-6">
<div class="form-group"><label for="alternates">Alternative contact; phone/email......*</label> <input class="form-control" name="alternates" placeholder="Please enter alternative your contact details *" required="required" type="text" /></div>
</div>
</div>

<div class="row">
<div class="col-md-12">
<div class="form-group"><label for="message">Message *</label><textarea class="form-control" name="msg" placeholder="Enter here further details as you might have OR none *" required="required" rows="4"></textarea></div>
</div>

<div class="col-md-12"><input class="btn btn-success btn-send" name="submit" type="submit" value="Send message" /></div>
</div>

<div class="row">
<div class="col-md-12">&nbsp;</div>
</div>
</div>
[color=red]</form>[/color]
</div>
</div>
</div>

--- End code ---

No error, no nothing.

Anyone?

Part 2, related:

Until now, I used to copy/paste my php code for this form in the index.php
However, that makes it looking much more messy and complex. Ideally I would use something like:

--- Code: ---<?php require('somefile.php');?>

--- End code ---

But that fails badly. How it should be done correctly?

Bully

webgift:

Yeap that's true. Some of the html element has been restricted for security reasons.
Elxis have a pre-installed content plugin with name 'Contact form' and there is also a
complete extension with name AnyForm [1]. These extension will meet your
requirements.  Won't they?

[1]: https://www.elxis.net/edc/miscellaneous/142.html

bully:
Hi webgift,

the standard contact form of elxis, is far away, from what I need. Have not really explored all those hidden options, but it looks to far away.
The module anyform, yes, I tried to install already, also not seeing it as installed, but it appears as disabled to install.
I have attached 3 screenshots

The code from me is only a sample code, I used ti figure out what or not does happen, as it looked not doing something. the real thing is a bit more complex, with a dynamic file upload and case numbers.

I don't the mind the anyform module, but it did in no version before ever help in doing my forms, so I am a bit surprised, that I need it now. However, I just can't be installed .... see screeny.

And no, I am not picking, I just try to find my way around now in elxis 5. For me it's like a beta test, before upgrading other sites, so I  really look and ask, what I can't figure out myself. I am aware, that I am not the brightest candle, but for that kind of idiots, I assume Elxis is made

Bully

webgift:

Anyform is a content plugin extension! It's not either module nor component!
Content plugins extends the functionality of articles or autonomous pages under
content component.

Content plugins replace a specific syntax to corresponding functionality per case.

bully:
ok,

but,
how I do get it to instakk/work somehowh?
Personally, I a, mot worried, if it is a module , plugin or whaterver (that was a post reply in before ..). All I need, how to. All I ned to figure out. get the (my) form working. .. Only the "saving part", I have the form itself working ... . I know, I can do this via direct edit in the db .... But I homestly look for the way, why or not, it refuses to work via old proven ways.

call me old fshion, but I need here here a working thing and I am honest. There are still a few few dozen crates of Vodka Hanoi time left, until ... but then I really need.. Until then, I can enjoy myself, but the form is an essential component (likely not in elxis terms) , but somehow, I need it working - in  a basic form, with the supplied minimum code. I sure not asking anyone to complete the dynamic attachments- that's my issue, but a simple form fiel should be possible to get the thing working.
Whoever and why  about ,might feel insulted ...a html5 form I would expect, to get working somehow!

I don't call it a bug, but it's not logic for me, neither helpful. If you ever the look at the screenies in the previous post, you might see, what I write about. I don't decide, where is whatever placed, neither what's called.
There is a fix, I will fix, there is tmp workaround, I will do. But ............................... ,I need to get at least a simple form working
/.
bully..... this about the point, I could get sour, but still smiing ;)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version