Support > Language

Loosing "Translations"

(1/4) > >>

bully:
To those, who know.

I found out, that I am actually "loosing " translations,
Yes, they appear on site, but lost within second language selector, when editing.
Yes, I can create the page... and place content into the translation. After saving, leaving and returning, the secondary language "translation" is just "gone"

I really have no clue, what might be the cause, cache cleared.

Platform   Elxis
Version   4.6
Revision number   1958

Bully

datahell:
You have to click the save icon to save the translation!

Language and multilingual content > Adding multilingual content
https://www.elxis.net/docs/using-elxis/administration/language-multilingual-content.html

bully:
Yes, it is saved. The translation appears on the website as well in within the MySQL database, but not in the translation field of the article.
The translation appears empty. Entering something, will replace the whole previous saved content.
After again saving and reopen the content, again the translation field is empty, whilst the last change appears within the the MySQL database.

In other words: the translation field doesn't retrieve any data from the database, just submit

Bully

datahell:
This happens on ANY translation (menus, article titles, categories, etc) item or just a specific one? Try something: Write something very simple, without special characters, quotes, etc, like "test", it acts the same? If the problem persists I have to see it live to find out what is happening.

bully:
Hi datahell,

it just happens on all translation (German) in a particular website, base language english, on the BODY only. In the details Tab, the translations are kept, as normal.
The 'loss' of the translation is in all articles, but appear on the site as well are existing in the database.
All content is just standard html, nothing fancy or scripted

Bully

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version