Support > General

User Registration on Locked Site - [SOLVED]

(1/3) > >>

rentasite:
Hi. I'm developing a site that will work as locked (Website status: Online for users). I have set "User Registration: Yes" and the "Account activation: Manual by Administrator".

The purpose is the visitor to face the offline page, but to be able to Register for a user account on the site. And the admin to manually approve the registration.

How can this be done? Am i missing something? The offline page just shows the username/password fields. No ability to register.

* I'm using IOSX - Extra pages pack for Elxis Templates

datahell:
This is opposite to the idea of the "Users only" site. However you can do it!

Here are 2 solutions:
1. (the hard solution) Develop a special exit page that will include user registration feature. (I have developed a similar - not as you want- solution for LDAP/Gmail registration on locked sites - See IOSX exit pages
2. (the easy solution) Make your site available to public! Open your template's index.php and set up a redirection to component user for non logged-in users.

if ($elxis->user()->uid == 0) {
     if (eFactory::getURI()->getComponent() != 'user') {
        $link = $elxis->makeURL('user:register.html', '', true, false);
        $elxis->redirect($link);
    }
}

Explanation: If visitor is not an Elxis user and he doesn't see component user pages then redirect him to registration page.

Tip: As your site will be opened to visitors (even if they will only see component user) they will be able to see your menus, modules, etc. You can change the access level of these items to users only (level 2 or greater) so visitors will see almost nothing except the registration form.

rentasite:

Yes i have seen the LDAP/Gmail registration on locked sites solution.

I will proceed with the 2nd solution.

rentasite:

Getting back to say that the 2nd solution works perfect!  :D

Thanks Yianni

datahell:
Good!  :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version