Support > Administration

ckeditor crashes(freezes) when copy-paste html code in source mode

(1/6) > >>

Eleanna:
Hello everybody!
We are building a multilingual site in ELXIS 4.5.
When we copy  html code from an object(article,category) of the old site and try to paste it to the source code of the new one as a translation,ckeditor freezes and we are not able to save the translation nor the whole article except from "cancel"(ακύρωση) in ELXIS Admin page.
Note that this problem occurs only for the translation language and not the default language.

We also noticed that it does not occur on PCs running Win 7, but it does happen on PCs running Win 8.1 and above.

The problem also occurs in both firefox and Chrome and Firefox is up to date!

Has anyone faced a similar problem ?

Any ideas-suggestions are mostly welcome.

Thank you in advance

nikos:
If  the old site is an Elxis 200X.x version, instead to make copy paste article by article to the new one version 4.5 is much better to try the Elxis Converter tool for which information how to use it and what it converts, you can see here.

Eleanna:
Thanks a lot Nikos, we've already successfully run elxis converter for the greek content!! As we mention above, the problem (freezing) occurs only on source code for the translations and not the content of the default language.

datahell:
I think it is a matter of RAM, not operating system or browser (although some browsers make better use of memory than others). Close whatever you dont use and browser tabs you dont needs and re-try. When you copy formatted HTML text the editor runs special plugin to handle this action which is CPU consuming. If you cant find a solution turn both editors in HTML mode and copy-paste source html code.

Note: Elxis Converter SUPPORTS conversion of multilingual items. See Nikos help link.

Taken from Elxis Converter instructions: "Multilingual content items, autonomous pages and menu items are converted to Elxis 4.x translation items."

Eleanna:
Thanks Datahell, we have tried closing every tab and keeping only the 2 necessary (admin page of the two sites), but with no result. The funny thing is that my pc, which runs win7 with 2 gb RAM has no prob, whereas another pc, running win10 with 4gb RAM has the problem! We tried in win8.1, again we had problem. We tried 2 other pcs with win10, problem. We tried another pc (not mine) running win7, no problem!!! It's funny, isn't it? I think that someone is laughing at us!!

By the way, we read your article before running the converter (to be exact, I had it printed - when I generally do not print), so that I am absolutely confident that I understand what I'm about to do and I had read the relevant topics and various problems others faced before attempting anything, so that I don't do the same mistakes. So I marked what had meaning for us and I quote:
"This option has effect only on sites with content in multiple languages.

If you select Yes, content for all languages will be mixed to the final output. For instance if you have in mainmenu a menu item named "Home" in English and an other menu item named "Αρχική" in Greek in the final result both "Home" and "Αρχική" will be shown for English and for Greek! The same will happen for categories, articles, etc. If you have content in more than 2 languages the mess will become even bigger. Choose this option only if you absolutely understand what it means and you want to do something custom.

Instead of selecting Yes, if you select No, then only content for the main, or all, language will be converted and at a later step you will be able to convert the rest content as translations of the content in the default language.

I cant analyze it more, it is a long discussion that derives from the different multilinguism philosophy of Elxis 200x.x and Elxis 4.x, but I think you got the idea."

Our multilingual content falls into that category... There is no connection between articles and translations. They are completely different articles belonging to completely different categories, published in 3 different languages.

Of course, that option was considered in the beginning and just to give you an idea of our frustration, even if you have your article in greek, english, french and for some reason you want to copy sth from the greek source code to the english and french, the greek source code button works, but for the english and the french it freezes!!! That means, that even if the converter did work and somehow managed to link our articles from 3 different languages to one article with 3 translations, we still couldn't copy paste from source code to source code. And in case anyone is wondering about the steps taken, we open the description tab, click source, ctrl+C a phrase, click the source, select english, click source, select phrase, ctrl+V, click source and....freeze!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version