Support > General

Embed external URL

(1/2) > >>

judelgado:
Hello,

Is there a way I can embed an external page into an article body?

I tried <iframe>, but the URL is not loading inside the frame.  I tried with the youtube embed code and it worked.

Thanks for the help.

judelgado:
Hello? Anyone?

farmville450:
First this is not a problem of Elxis. The iframe works but should allow you to display the owner of the page you want to view. The website that you want to view belongs to you ? If not, then you may need to get permission to do that . If it belongs to you then it is easier , and legitimate. However you can search for cURL in PHP. There are several ways , but I do not know whether it is legitimate . Also you must know that this weighs the server and do much slower your site.

datahell:
Why don't you use the wrapper?

Administration > Menu > Mainmenu (or other) > New > Wrapper > Set the options for the framed page.

Security note
Since Elxis 4.4 the display of iframes is controlled by the X-Frame security policy setting. You must have Accept X-Frame = Yes in order for the browser to load the external page. Or "Accept X-Frame = Same origin" and the iframe source to be a URL in the same domain. Or specify an allowed domain. It is not recommended to use iframes to load external content (embed plugins and iframes sucks). Do it only if you can't do it elsewhere (there is always a better way than this). iframes can lead to serious security problems (imagine the third party to replace the framed page with malicious code, it will run in your site).

bully:
I am running still on the same problems. .Whilst the wrapper does it's job, for me it only brings FULL pages. So I also wish for myself something better/different for data interchange

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version