Support > Installation

From Remote Server to Local Disc

(1/2) > >>

Nuts:
Greetings:

I am trying to use Xampp to bring down my site to my computer (F:, an external disc) from a remote host in order to test/try things safely, away from main site online.

Here are the steps I took and the errors I got, which I need help with.

1. Installed xampp - done
2. downloaded files through ftp - all good except awstat folder  for which the ftp message was such folder was not found. I downloaded this folder direcly from my host control panel and added it to the other files/folders I could download with ftp.  Found my repository folder and added it as I did with awstat folder. - done
3. Created a folder in htdoc in xampp and Pasted all the files/folders to it - done
4. Created a database and imported the downlided sql file to it- done
5. Changed configuration file: DB name, local host to root,DB pass, errased all from private URL - done

Question: I get this error as a result: "Elxis repository folder logs does not exist!" I have tried to rename the folder to "repository" and that did not help me either. What am I doing wrong? I will very much appreciate any hint in a no scary no-technical language :). Thanking you in advance !!! 

webgift:
The default name of this folder is 'repository' so you have to leave the proper field
empty from the global settings of your Elxis CMS installation. Check this link [1] if you
want to change the name and/or path of repository folder.

[1]: https://forum.elxis.org/index.php?topic=7223.msg46583#msg46583

Nuts:
Thanks a lot !!!

I changed its name to what it was originally on the remote server. Locally in xampp, I changed the path which looks like this now:
   private $REPO_PATH = '/F:/xampp/htdocs/pamirtop/the repository folder name';

now it gives me a server error 500 and says "The website encountered an error while retrieving http://localhost/web/. It may be down for maintenance or configured incorrectly. :(

webgift:
Change this on
private $REPO_PATH = '/F:/xampp/htdocs/pamirtop/the repository folder name';
to:
private $REPO_PATH = '';
... and try again ... ;)

Nuts:
with  --    private $REPO_PATH = '';  -- it takes me back to this error "Elxis repository folder logs does not exist!"  :'(

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version