Extensions > Tools

Advanced premissions & content managment [SOLVED]

(1/2) > >>

snx:
Hello again ! That's me again BAD BAD SNX ...

I have another question. Is there a way to create section Admins, Editors, etc ...
for example:
Editor A can only add content to seciton A and Editor B can only add content to secion B.  ???

CREATIVE Options:
Do NOT try the following unless you have excellent knowledge of Elxis and of how softdisk works.
Even so you try it out at your own risk, (take a full backup in first place)

Go to Soft Disk in administration - component

If you need to limit a group of users to submit content from the frontend to a specific section or sections you need to create a new insert:

Name: SUBMIT_SECTIONS_xx (where xx the id of the users group that you need, eg: 24 for Administrators)
Section: core
Type: String

Value: id of the sections separated with comma (eg:11,24,37).

In the same way you can limit the users of a group within specific categories:

Name: SUBMIT_CATEGORIES_xx (where xx the id of the users group that you need, eg: 24 for Administrators)
Section: core
Type: String

Value: id of the categories separated with comma (eg: 2,4,28).

Beware: If you don't allow addition of content in a section all of the section's categories are automatically banned even if you allow them afterwards in SUBMIT_CATEGORIES_xx.

The general inserts  SUBMIT_SECTIONS and SUBMIT_ CATEGORIES (with out group id) are the general Elxis settings which stand for all users.

snx:
Thank you Sirigos
I'll give a try ...   ::) and post the results

datahell:
I think Sirigos you made snx scared (although he is a bad-bad guy and he might deserves it :D ).
The usage of this feature is absolutely safe as it is a built-in Elxis core feature.
Do as Sirigos told you, and don't be afraid :P it will work fine.

CREATIVE Options:
snx are scared ?.... BOO :P

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version