Extensions > Tools

Tool to replace SEO titles with the suggested SEO titles

(1/2) > >>

nikos13:
Hi everyone

I created a tool, which i think will help those who updated from 2006.4 to 2008.0 using Farhad's guide. As you know with Farhad's upgrade process seo titles for all categories , contact details , contents , menus , newsfeeds , polls and sections will be category1 , content3, contact19 based on the item id... With this tool you can replace the SEO titles of content items, categories and sections with the suggested SEO titles, which are automatically generated by Elxis. So you don't have to edit one by one the content items, categories and sections and press the 'Suggested SEO title' button.
Be careful! The automatic SEO titles are not the best possible, so you will have to check them before you enable SEO PRO.
Follow these steps:
1) Run the script
2) Check the SEO titles
3) Enable SEO PRO

To install the tool follow these steps:
1) go to administrator/tools/ and create a folder seotool
2) upload via ftp the seotool.php and seotool.xml in this folder
3) go to administrator tools and you will find the "SEO tool"

Many Thanks to Datahell, who helped me a lot with the development. :)

Later i will add the possibility to replace SEO titles of menus, contacts, polls and newsfeeds.

[old attachment deleted by admin]

Farhad Sakhaei:
Hi Nikos ,
Thank you for this tool , i have a question , does the tool replace whole current SEO titles with suggested titles?
Thanx  :)

nikos13:
There are 4 options :
Update SEO titles for all content items
Update SEO titles for content items of a specific category
Update SEO titles for all categories
Update SEO titles for all sections
 :)

Farhad Sakhaei:
Good , If you can complete the code for all SEO titles, it will be usefull...
Grow it , It will be useful as a tool for another webmasters that they didn't upgrade from 2006 to 2008 too ... for example a tool for reseting a specific section titles to suggested titles ...  ;)

datahell:
Bravo Niko and Farhad. I wrote a relative guide at elxis.org web site for those want to upgrade from Elxis 2006.4 to 2008.0 based on your free scripts.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version